While I had little doubt Gary would reach out to us, it appears we are finally moving forward with our dedicated machine with our current host.
What this means is when it’s finally provisioned (set up, and the details handed over to me), we will being transitioning the map to the server. From there we will be letting everyone know the new IP of the server, and start our marvelous adventures over on the new hardware. 🙂
We’re looking to move to a quite powerful dedicated machine in the coming weeks if our GSP can provide us with that. Though it’s not looking good if all my requests take days to respond to. This can be problematic in several ways, and could also be a community killer in the event of any emergency.
This is why ultimately I would prefer to manage, and host my own server for a multitude of security, up-time, and flexibility reasons.
I’m going to reach out to Gary Newman over Twitter (I know, this is unlikely) to see if he will release to me a dedicated subscription for rust so I can ensure the continued success of RustZ.com.
Wish me luck.
If you follow reddit, you might have saw this post yesterday in response to data collected by VAC related to cheaters:
It does appear to be a well timed release due to all the payhacks/botnetware/cheats (sometimes) ruining aspects of gameplay on Rust.
I’m sure that it also points to cheating in CS:GO, among other games. It’s just good to hear Valve is on the defensive with these hacks.
See you in Rust!
While we await a fix for the door hacks (notice my clever title for this post), some other things have been hotfixed:
There was also this interesting thread on reddit about VAC supposedly collecting DNS data:
Hopefully it leads to more legitimate research, and explution of people using hacks/payhacks over the next several weeks.
Hey All –
I just wanted you to know we’re working to move our server onto extremely powerful dedicated hardware this coming week. We are currently in negotiations with our game server provider, and we will be keeping everyone apprised.
Facepunch released two updates this past week. You can see the changes here:
With this in mind, we’ve enabled our server for cheatpunch just yesterday – and it looks to be working out great so far.
Best luck everyone.
From the rust console (F1 is default key), type:
We’re working with our game server provider to resolve the issue the game server is having.
This case has brought attention some of the game server providers inability to provide adequate and involved support. We are hoping to see services restored by morning based on their current response times.
Hopefully we can avoid changing server hosts; but the feedback they receive from other customers is not that promising.
Thank you for choosing RustZ.com.
** Rust downtime has been resolved. Sleepers has been disabled for 24-48 hours while players log back in after the unexpected downtime **
Here is the traditional copy pasta for the newest update!
Zombies Were Removed
Yep. We did it. We decided we couldn’t hold off any longer. The longer we keep zombies in – the more complaints we’d get about removing them. We are forcing ourselves to deal with it. We are no longer a zombie survival game! They’ve been replaced with red bears and wolves. You hate them. We know. They’re just plugging a gap for now. All will be revvvealed.
Wildlife Was Improved
- no longer exploitable by walking backwards
- fears hostile wildlife
- reacts to gunshots
- hostile wildlife retreats if it cannot find a path to you
- wildlife should not jump up and switch to random angles anymore
- removed white wolf
Resource Objects Were Improved
- added new models for wood & stone resources
- wood & stone resources change model to indicate their quantity
- added another stone resource – contains mostly stone
- fixed bugs with the level (such as rocks intersecting buildings)
- the ‘oil tank’ area has been modified with cover
- workbenches make you craft faster when standing next to them
- added new player animations
- improved melee attack animations
- added locked backpacks and lockpicks test ( off by default )
- when you die your backpack is locked for everyone else but you for a time
- someone else can use a lockpick tool to bypass this time
- lockpick tools are a default blueprint
- you can’t use lockpicks on doors
- the amount of time the backpack is locked for is per-server and can be set with the command player.backpackLockTime seconds
- can be turned off by setting player.backpackLockTime to 0
- footstep sounds will never play the same sound as the one previously played
- grass textures have been improved
The number one Rust server is introducing beta hacker report tool that can be filled out here:
Appeal form will be created after our first ban. Lets hope it doesn’t get there.
If you have any questions, sign up for an account and leave a comment.