Hey All –
I just wanted you to know we’re working to move our server onto extremely powerful dedicated hardware this coming week. We are currently in negotiations with our game server provider, and we will be keeping everyone apprised.
Facepunch released two updates this past week. You can see the changes here:
With this in mind, we’ve enabled our server for cheatpunch just yesterday – and it looks to be working out great so far.
Best luck everyone.
From the rust console (F1 is default key), type:
We’re working with our game server provider to resolve the issue the game server is having.
This case has brought attention some of the game server providers inability to provide adequate and involved support. We are hoping to see services restored by morning based on their current response times.
Hopefully we can avoid changing server hosts; but the feedback they receive from other customers is not that promising.
Thank you for choosing RustZ.com.
** Rust downtime has been resolved. Sleepers has been disabled for 24-48 hours while players log back in after the unexpected downtime **
Here is the traditional copy pasta for the newest update!
Zombies Were Removed
Yep. We did it. We decided we couldn’t hold off any longer. The longer we keep zombies in – the more complaints we’d get about removing them. We are forcing ourselves to deal with it. We are no longer a zombie survival game! They’ve been replaced with red bears and wolves. You hate them. We know. They’re just plugging a gap for now. All will be revvvealed.
Wildlife Was Improved
- no longer exploitable by walking backwards
- fears hostile wildlife
- reacts to gunshots
- hostile wildlife retreats if it cannot find a path to you
- wildlife should not jump up and switch to random angles anymore
- removed white wolf
Resource Objects Were Improved
- added new models for wood & stone resources
- wood & stone resources change model to indicate their quantity
- added another stone resource – contains mostly stone
- fixed bugs with the level (such as rocks intersecting buildings)
- the ‘oil tank’ area has been modified with cover
- workbenches make you craft faster when standing next to them
- added new player animations
- improved melee attack animations
- added locked backpacks and lockpicks test ( off by default )
- when you die your backpack is locked for everyone else but you for a time
- someone else can use a lockpick tool to bypass this time
- lockpick tools are a default blueprint
- you can’t use lockpicks on doors
- the amount of time the backpack is locked for is per-server and can be set with the command player.backpackLockTime seconds
- can be turned off by setting player.backpackLockTime to 0
- footstep sounds will never play the same sound as the one previously played
- grass textures have been improved
The number one Rust server is introducing beta hacker report tool that can be filled out here:
Appeal form will be created after our first ban. Lets hope it doesn’t get there.
If you have any questions, sign up for an account and leave a comment.
Rust has been updated to include some new features. The following log is courtesy of http://playrust.com/thursday-patch/
- fixed open door hack
- fixed noclipping
- added revolver – default blueprint
- removed 9mm pistol as a default blueprint
- added metal bars you can put in windows
quality slider has much more of a significant impact on performance (needs work, maybe tomorrow)
- disabled cursor hack for linux, which should hopefully fix crazy cursor issues.
- server -datadir is now used for config files. Server owners should move their cfg folder inside.
- -datadir default is now “serverdata/”. If not using -datadir previously, server owners should move their saves into the new folder.
- added server rcon, runs on queryport and uses the same protocol as source servers
- console now reports an error when command isn’t found
- console variables now show their values when typed into the console
- changing a console variable will now print the change
- ‘ban’ now accepts a second optional argument, reason
- ‘banid’ now accepts <username> <argument>
- ‘status’ now shows the connected players
- ‘banlist’ shows all banned users
- ‘banlistex’ shows all banned users, with names and reasons
- ‘removeid’ unbans a user by steamid
- ‘say’ allows the server admin to talk to all connected clients
- research kit no longer requires paper
- research kit has a random amount of uses (1-3)
- shelters now use a single mesh instead of compound colliders
- made explosives require metal to craft
- improved pipe shotgun sound
- lowered shadow distance to a realistic level, should help with jittery shadows
- weapon sounds are slightly randomized so each shot isn’t identical to the last
- stopped looting through walls
- adjusted clock sycronization
- fix attempt to ghosting
- servers start up faster
- pipe shotgun now visibly ejects a shell on reload
- bolt action bullets are visible during reload
- fixed bug where respawning frequently could cause you to get stuck and have to reconnect due to invisible respawn screen.
- bruteforce rcon guessing is punished
Known issues :
- Laser sight and flashlight have incorrect angles on the Bolt Action Rifle, and the Revolver